COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
CURRENTLY HIRING FOR SECURITY MANGER
Job Title: Security Manager
Reports To: Deputy Director
Supervises: Security Supervisor, Gallery Guards
We are looking for a competent Security Manager to organize and oversee security operations of the Museum. Security personnel will be under your supervision. As security manager, you will have to demonstrate surveillance and emergency response skills. You will need a strong commitment to security rules and knowledge of hazards and threats to safety. Since you will have a number of people under your responsibility, you must also exhibit leadership skills. The goal is to create and preserve an environment where employees, visitors and property are safe and well-protected.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee security policies, protocols and procedures
- Control budgets for security operations and monitor expenses
- Recruit, train and supervise security supervisors and guards
- Attend meetings with other managers to determine operational needs
- Plan and coordinate security operations for specific events
- Coordinate staff when responding to emergencies and alarms
- Review reports on incidents and breaches
- Investigate and resolve issues
- Create reports for management on security status
- Coordinate security vendor access for maintenance of hardware and software and analyze data to form proposals for improvements (e.g. implementation of new technology)
- Proven experience as security manager or similar position
- Experience using relevant technology and equipment (e.g. CCTV)
- Experience in reporting and emergency response planning
- Excellent knowledge of security protocols and procedures
- Solid understanding of budgeting and analysis
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Committed and reliable
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Be a leading member of the Museum’s Safety Committee and assist in the updating, testing and monitoring of the Museum’s emergency and safety procedures. Attend and participate in Coordination Meetings. Manages and assists in training other Museum staff in safety practices, including but not limited to creating and implementing new policies.
HS Diploma or GED with minimum two years working experience in related field required. Technical training preferred. Management experience preferred. Bachelor’s degree in related field highly preferred. Background clearances are required.
Must be able to stand/walk for long periods of time. This position will require operation of mechanical lifts and work from ladders, scaffolds. It will also require periods of standing, cleaning, bending, stooping, lifting equipment, moving furniture to perform certain duties.
Applicant must be able to lift/carry/move 40 lbs.
Work may be subject to a rotational basis including evenings, weekends and holidays. EOE
Job Type: Full-time
All safety procedures are in place. PPE materials supply is in stock.