Artists Choose Artists is the Parrish Art Museum’s juried exhibition open to artists working in all media and living on the East End of Long Island. Seven distinguished artists serve as jurors, each selecting two artists for the exhibition, which also includes the work of the jurors. Artists Choose Artists encourages fellowship among today's expanded, multi-generational network of artists and demonstrates the diversity of contemporary creative practice.
Read the press release here, and watch the artists' studio visits here.
2016 Jurors: Tina Barney, Lynda Benglis, Donald Lipski, Tony Oursler, Jorge Pardo, Cindy Sherman, Leo Villareal
- Dinah Maxwell Smith and RJT Haynes, selected by Tina Barney
- Garrett Chingery and Saskia Friedrich, selected by Lynda Benglis
- Suzanne Anker and Ben Butler, selected by Donald Lipski
- Jackie Black and Marianne Weil, selected by Tony Oursler
- Anne Bae and Monica Banks, selected by Jorge Pardo
- Bill Komoski and Toni Ross, selected by Cindy Sherman
- Karin Waisman and Almond Zigmund, selected by Leo Villareal
The Artist's View: Artists Choose Artists: Friday, November 18
The Artist's View: Artists Choose Artists: Friday, December 16
The Artist's View: Artists Choose Artists: Friday, January 6
The Artist's View: Artists Choose Artists: Friday, January 13
Artists Choose Artists is made possible, in part, by the generous support of the Robert Lehman Foundation, Linda and Gregory Fischbach, Caroline Hirsch and Andrew Fox, Fiona and Eric Rudin, Barbara Toll, Jacqueline Brody, Ellen Cantrowitz, Fred Schmeltzer, and James and Katherine Goodman. Additional support for the Artists Choose Artists residency project is provided by the Robert Lehman Foundation and the William Talbott Hillman Foundation. Public Funding provided by Suffolk County. WSHU is the exclusive radio sponsor of Artists Choose Artists.